10.23.2008

Meet our candidates!!

Their positions on the issues...

Pacifiers:
Tanzen:  Sucking is an important instinct in babies all over the world and should not be ignored.  I believe that pacifiers should always be available to every infant.  When a pacifier is not available, extreme measures must be taken in seeking out and using alternate sucking  sources.
Makett:  I have a strong record when it comes to alternative pacifiers.  I believe we should seek out and use every available form, such as clothing or limbs.  I've reached across the aisle, and haven't hesitated at redistributing the wealth by using Tanzen's pacifier or head as necessary.
Eating:
Tanzen:  We must be conservative with our food sources, making sure to sip at them at a steady rate.  I recognize it may be necessary to substitute sleep for feedings at times.  My policy to reduce exercise allows me to eat less, as I burn less calories.

Makett:  I am fast and furious in my eating habits.  I believe each feeding should be treated as my last.  I make every effort to consume as much milk in each swallow as possible, even if it means breathing less and spitting up more.  

Parents:
Tanzen: I believe every infant should receive lots of love, cuddles and kisses everyday.  It is my plan to give incentives to my parents in order to receive as much holding as possible.  These incentives include sleeping breaks and no-cry vouchers.
Makett:  My plan also calls for constant cuddling...and of course, feeding!
Baths:
Tanzen: I believe baths are to be treasured and enjoyed, a time for relaxation and reflection on the new found wonders of the world.
Makett:  I  view baths as an unnecessary part of the day.  In a Makett administration, baths would be eliminated and replaced with an additional feeding session.

Crying:
Tanzen:  If we are forced to resort to crying, then we must make a strong display of it.  My cries are strong, loud, and shrill.  I believe consistency is most important, keep up the volume and cry quickly.  This shows our allied parents that I am serious in my quest for a redress of my grievances.

Makett:  Crying is a necessary part of my sleep ritual.  We must be careful not to overuse our cries.  My cry starts off with squeaking, then gradual builds to a strong cry, then decrescendos back to a whimpering squeak.  The process must be repeated three or four times in order for my voice to be heard, then I can fall asleep.

Exercise:
Tanzen: As an infant, I have stood by my stance on minimal movement from when I was in the womb.  Some forms of exercise are necessary, such as sucking, burping, and opening one's eyes to locate food.  However, energy must be conserved, and we must build up strong reserves of sleep.
Makett:  Exercise is of vital importance!  Although the ultrasound techs always called me a maniac, I have held firm to the idea that one should integrate movement into every activity...when sleeping I work my arms out of the swaddling to bat at my face, when getting my diaper changed I make sure to kick my legs and twist as much as possible.  

17 comments:

The Taylors said...

It is so fascinating how each child has such a distinct personality from the very beginning. Cute post.

Chelsea said...

I love how they get there personalities so young, they are so cute I can't get enough

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! Very nice Chac- I LOVED it!! I can tell this election has had a strong impact on you! I am thinking I will leave my vote up to the candidates...I am open to all forms of bribery.....Kenzi

bryony said...

What a fun way to share your joys with us. They are so darling! I'm sure glad we don't have to vote for one of them -- I think they'd lead best together, side by side, perfect complements, don't you?

Anonymous said...

I think you may have chosen the wrong name for each baby. Tanzen means "dance" in Hungarian. Unless he's saving his energy to become Billy Elliot at a later date...

brohammas said...

Just like typical candidates they duck the real issues, like diapers and throwing up.


Where do they stand on those issues?

Chaci said...

Both candidates are getting pork from Pampers...I'm amazed at how often they need to be changed, and wince thinking, "there goes $0.50"...can't wait for them to grow into size 1 diapers, they're cheaper and come in generic! As for throwing up, they remain neutral, and are neither for nor against it.

Tanji, Jimmy Jay and Baby Taislyn! said...

Chaci, how dang cute!!! I relate to Makett...I hope I didn't botch the spelling too much...on his bath picture! That was Jay the entire time he got baths! He hated them until he was about 5 or 6 months old and then one day it switched from day to night! Jay suddenly loved them and still does! They are soo beautiful! I was looking at your moms pictures today, at Chaz's farewell...we missed you! But I loved looking at all the pictures! Let me know when the best time would be to call you sometime...I don't want to wake any of you up!

Joel and Sara said...

You are funny. I can't wait to see them.

By the way all the Primary kids were all able to tell us where you were and how many babies you were having.It was really funny.

Joe said...

Hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing. My mind is now made up.

Katie said...

Amazing that their little personalities are so different already! Yes, motherhood changes your perspective on things, but it does get easier. I remember those first 5-6 weeks thinking it was a miracle if I could just get a shower and a couple meals a day. Considering you have double duty, I'm sure it's even harder. But it looks like you are doing great so far! My suggestion: don't buy too many generic diapers until you try them out. I've never liked them nearly as much as my beloved Huggies which I can get in bulk from Costco. But some people don't mind them, so who knows. Plus, the frequency of diaper changes does lessen eventually. :)

Shelby said...

Cute post. I liked it. Can't wait to meet the candidates face to face this weekend....I'll have my interview questions ready. See you on Friday!

Ella said...

Oh Chaci...I so miss your being around! This was great! They are absolutely just cute as ever. It is so cute to see how their personalities come out at such an early age! Miss ya lots and hope the recovery is coming along swiftly!

Kim said...

This was hilarious. I am impressed by how smooth you two make this parenting experience look. Quite impressed. Ben's input would be, "eating is best if I can be sitting up watching my brother while drinking." Makes for some very interesting milk spraying moments. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Ella said...

Hi Chaci! I have Rebecca Vallecillo and Carlos Vazquez in my room right now and was showing them pics of the boys. They both say hi and that the boys are CUTE! They miss you and Carlos says, "They're cool, not cute!" ha ha ha.....talk to you soon!
P.S. Carlos also adds, "You're AWESOME!"

Anonymous said...

Those are the best political stances I have heard this entire election! Why can't our candidates be so straight forward?

Kristen

Megan said...

That was hilarious. Its crazy how different twins can be from such an early age! So adorable. Glad they're home safe and sound.