8.26.2012

Chicken feet...to eat.

 We went to Dim Sum in China Town before I left with my Relief Society Presidency- 3 amazing women from my church who have helped me immensely the past two years and who I will miss incredibly lots!  Nary, who is Cambodian, ordered chicken feet for me to try.  She said they were her daughter's favorite.  I was very hesitant but decided I'd like bragging rights on consuming chicken feet...until I tasted it.
 The idea was to take a tiny bite--so I nibbled on the end...I wasn't prepared to bite bone!  I bit its toe---eeeeewwww!!!  I had to spit it out.  I'm not as brave as I wanted to be.
Ryme was a huge fan of Dim Sum!

1 comment:

Freebairn Family said...

You are so very brave! I remember in Ecuador funny Andrea ended up with a chicken foot in her soup on evening and nearly panicked. She, of course, didn't want to be rude, so she discretely gave me her water bottle and then politely said she needed to get water out of her bag in the other room, then slyly snuck it into her bag. I'm sure they wondered why she didn't say a word about her delicious surprise! Glad your family gets to be near home again, even if you are leaving the adventure behind!