8.26.2012

Bye Subie!

Brandon bought his Subaru after his mission, in '99, and has loved it ever since.  When we were pricing our cross country move we found it would cost almost as much to ship it as it was worth.  Since I was wanting to get a bigger car anyway, we decided to sell the good ol' Subaru.  I put it on Craig's list, expecting to have it sit for several weeks.  Much to my surprise, it sold in 3 hours.  It was a great car.  Farewell, dear Subaru!


I was not prepared to be without a car my last 3 weeks in Philly.  
One day I decided to drive Brandon to work so I could have a car.  The hospital was 11 miles away, and, when traffic is good, only takes 30 minutes.  I left with the kids at 4:30 to go pick him up, thinking we'd be home in time for dinner at 5:30.  Lo and behold, the Philly traffic did what it does best, and we were stuck on the freeway for THREE FREAKING HOURS!!!!!  I didn't get to the hospital till 7:30.  My kids were champs, as I was ill prepared for a 3 hour car trip.  Luckily I had grabbed a loaf of bread off the counter on my way out. 
Philadelphia, I will never miss your traffic!


No comments: