4.09.2012

Brandon's Golden Apple

Brandon received an award from Drexel's med school for Excellence in Teaching. He was honored and humbled, I was proud of him :)This is the speech the student who nominated him gave,

As medical professionals we all enter the field with the hopes of “changing the world” and “helping those less fortunate”. Yet as our careers progress, it often becomes difficult to juggle full-time jobs, family lives, and our altruistic desires. Dr. Brandon Fisher does just that. As a radiation oncology chief resident, Dr. Fisher personifies what I hope to be as a future physician. Not only does he manage a full work day but he is also very involved in various research projects while raising a family without missing a step. What impressed me most about Dr. Fisher is his true desire to help others. Radiation Oncology is a field where it is often difficult to help those less fortunate due to the nature of the technology itself. Dr. Fisher is the founder of “Radiating Hope”, an organization which aims to bring radiation equipment to underserved areas. Radiating Hope is the first organization of its kind and has had far reaching impact across the world as far as Panama and Senegal. Dr. Fisher is also a strong student advocate. He not only has served as a mentor for me while I was applying for residency, but has allowed me to actively participate in various research projects. In addition, he was instrumental in teaching me about the field and explaining nuances that I otherwise would not understand. After having the opportunity to work with Dr. Fisher, I am pleased to not only call him a role model but also a mentor, colleague, and friend. And so I present the award for excellence in teaching for 4th year resident mentor to Dr. Brandon Fisher.


3 comments:

Klaudia said...

What an honor, we are so proud of Brandon. Congratulations!!! Love you guys

Meredith said...

Congratulations Brandon! That's wonderful!

Ann said...

Duly merited, I'm sure. Congratulations!