3.22.2009

My dear husband...

Ah, my unique husband certainly keeps life exciting. Here's another Brandonism that makes me smile...sometimes it's an exasperated smile, but it's a smile nonetheless. First off, he has a fabulous green thumb and we have EIGHT aloe vera plants gracing our house (yes, they will be fun for the babies to play with once they're toddling!) Anyhow, we have plenty of aloe vera. Alas, he can't bear to let any go to waste, therefore we have 5 stalks of aloe in our fridge, just chillin, waiting for the time when Brandon will munch on it. Yup, he'll eat it eventually--you know how great it is for "the skin and hair follicles". Meanwhile, he has plans to use the seeds he harvested last summer to plant yet MORE aloe vera plants. Hmmm, aloe anyone?! Maybe someday I'll do a post on the 29 plants we have on one floor of our house, along with the many large cacti we just had to lug all the way from Arizona. Won't they be fun for Tanzen and Makett? I'm personally not a fan of plants that are designed to inflict pain, but that's just me being overly paranoid.

By the way, have you noticed this is the THIRD post in a row that's not about the babies? Wow!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Good luck with all of those plants when you have two toddlers zipping through your house! Lexie wrecks havoc on plants....thus the grand total of three that I have are way out of her reach for now. She has had some good times in the dirt from the plants at my mom's house though!