11.04.2012

Boston

Brandon had a conference in Boston, so we left the kids with my Mom and I went too!  It was the longest I'd left them (Friday to Tuesday) and we had perfect timing with Hurricane Sandy!
 Luckily we went on a Duck Boat tour when we first got there- at the time we didn't realize it would be the only touristy thing we'd be able to do!
 This was the weirdest house boat?!
 We had a fundraiser for Radiating Hope, which was great as we had a good turn out, and were able to tell Radiation Oncologists about our mission.  It was at the Boston Children's Museum...my kids would have like it :)
 The hurricane headed in right after- the entire city shut down.  We'd been looking forward to going out to dinner and adventuring, but public transit, restaurants and store's were all closed.  We ended up buying food from the grocery store...so much for sushi night!
The highlight was getting to spend time not only with Brandon, but also with our friends, who did residency with us.  They now live in Florida, and it was so good seeing them.  

They cancelled almost all flights on Monday and Tuesday, and we were supposed to fly out Tuesday afternoon.  I was so worried about missing Halloween!  I would have gone home Sunday if I'd been able.  Thankfully, we were on one of the few flights that left Tuesday. It was a bit eerie, the airport was deserted.  We were so grateful to get home!  I need to get a little better at being gone.  My kids had a great time, but I was pretty (ok, kind of embarrassingly) homesick for them.  Once I was back Wednesday morning, with kids throwing fits and a mountain of laundry, I realized I should have appreciated the break a bit more!

No comments: