12.21.2011

Christmas at Macy's

The Macy's in Philly is in a very cool old building-- it has a famous organ, the Wanamaker organ, that is a national historic landmark. They have a Dicken's Christmas village, which the boys found rather frightening last year, but they liked better this year...at the end of walking through the village, which takes awhile to walk through and has figures telling Dicken's Christmas Carol. Santa is at the end, and they have an awesome set up-- you meet with Santa in a special little room, and Santa magically knows the kids names when they walk in. We didn't pay the $20 for our photo, so this is the best we have:
Tanzen and Makett are asking for big boy underwear (yay for potty training?!) Santa asked me if they needed socks too. No thanks Santa, just the underwear will be fine. We'll take advantage of this excitement as long as we can :)
Brandon and the boys enjoying the light show...I like that it's an old fashioned light show...I can only imagine how exciting it was in it's time.
The famous organ ends the show and is awesome!

1 comment:

Joel and Sara said...

I loved walking down there on my lunch breaks to see the show!! AH, I miss Philly!