9.21.2011

Irene's Visit...

K, I'm a bit late posting but guess what? It hasn't stopped raining since Irene left, so I figure it still counts, right? Seriously, it has rained A TON!!! Luckily I like rain...maybe not my favorite when I'm bringing kids and groceries in from the car or when our roof leaks, but other than that I'm a fan. I digress.
We were actually looking forward to having an August snow day-- Brandon's work had prepared for the possibility of not being open Monday, church was cancelled, we had plenty of flashlights, water, food.....I was a little concerned about the power being out for more than a day, but was ready for a bit of adventure. It pretty much just rained a ton (7 inches during the night) and was windy. This was the only hurricane I planned on being in so I was hoping for a little more, maybe, but safe and sound is good too :)
Sunday night we ventured out to see what Irene had done. She flooded the roads. Actually, the tropical storm the following week was worse-- it took me 40 minutes to get across the bridge by my house-- that would be 40 minutes to drive .7 miles, if you were wondering.

No comments: