5.14.2011

Things I'm going to miss...

With a little over a year left in Philly, I'm really appreciating everything I'm going to miss here...
SPRING! I LOVE Philly's spring. It's breathtaking...blossoms everywhere. And Azaleas! Oh the Azaleas! I can't begin to describe their vibrant colors, bursting everywhere. These pictures don't begin to do them justice. If you haven't seen an azalea bush google them, you'll be in love!
Love seeing these blossoms out of my window...
See the blossoms all over the road? Not gonna lie, Philly has lots of garbage in the streets, so springtime blossoms are a welcome change!
Know what else I'm going to miss? The train. The train tracks are at the bottom of our street, and if I was a train commuter, I'd miss the quick walk to the train. Since I'm the mom of two year old boys, I'm going to miss walking to the end of our street after naps and sitting on the steps of the tavern to eat snacks and watch the evening commuter trains go by.
I love the old houses...I'm tired of living in one, but I love looking at the houses in my neighborhood, wondering who lived in them a century ago, thinking how different life was when this neighborhood was built, with all the residents working in the mills along the river.
**Notice the beautiful Azalea bushes in the picture? :)

Old churches!! In just my little neighborhood there are six. I love seeing them all-- some in old stone buildings, many with cool architecture, others in dilapidated old row homes. Whenever I'm somewhere with an aerial view of the city I love seeing all the church spires dotting the landscape.

Notice all the wires? I love seeing squirrels running along them, and the boys love the shoes that hang from them. Keep forgetting to take pictures of those...but something else that we love.

I could go on about more things that I'll miss in Philly, but I'll save some for another day. It can be rather sad to think about!

Don't even get me started on all the people I'm going to miss...

2 comments:

Ann said...

I'm homesick already, and I'm in PA! It was good to see you guys yesterday. You are a wonderful and inspiring family. Carry on!

Amanda K said...

We will always love Philly :) Come visit San Diego!!