4.03.2010

The end of individuality

With the onset of toddlerhood has come strong opinions and preferences...actually, pretty much just one preference: What you have, I need. Tanzen and Makett are ready for little league football, they practice tackling daily. As you can see, the red Spiderman chair is SOOOOO much better than the blue one. They fought over the red chair for over a week until it was finally settled that Makett had the blue chair and Tanzen had the red. Not sure how they decided that, but I'm sure glad they did.

Below are some of their best moves.

Tanny using the "I'll just pretend you're not there" move


Ah, the "shoulder pull". This one is quite popular...even more so when the victim is standing and can be dragged to the floor.

Classic-- "I'll smash you till you give in"

If all else fails, the "cry really hard and look pitiful" play

Finally! A peace settlement! (ps, notice how Makett loves to take just 1 sock off?)
How times have changed...when we found out we were having twins I was determined they would have their own things-- I wouldn't make them conform to having the same of everything. That ended this week. For the time being, it's much easier to have them use the same color bowl, spoon, cup, etc. Nevertheless, even if they have the exact same thing, they still want the one their brother has. Toddlers!! They must have a 6th sense the rest of us lack.


The Ten Toddler Commandments...
1. If I like it, it's mine.
2. If it's in my hand, it's mine.
3. If I can take it from you, it's mine.
4. If I had it a little while ago, it's mine.
5. If it looks like mine, it's mine.
6. If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way.
7. If you're building something, the right to knock it down is mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.
10. If it's broken, it's yours.

5 comments:

Kel said...

That list is right on. My kids are two years apart, and this is exactly how things are shaping up. Things were going smoothly until the younger started to fight back.

Kenzi said...

Cute! Love it! If they come visit me I will give them matching everything... ice cream cones, cake, candy bars, pop...what ever they want! Their parents will just love me!

Nate said...

It is also that same way with Noah and Jonas being 3 years apart. I am all for bland colorless utensils and particularly sippy cups. Yet they only come in packs with various colors, I think that it is a sick joke by the cup manufactures.

The Katich Family said...

That is hilarious Chaci. Have Brandon check their testosterone levels....it looks like you have a double dose.

megwild said...

Right on the mark! Preston entered the "terrible two" phase at about 10 months old, I am sure of it..and he continues to perform accordingly at 19 months. I just hope by two he has moved onto the the loveable three's. A girl can dream. Your boys are so cute. I envy you the double dose of love you get from them, but not the double dose of trouble.