2.17.2010

71.3 inches!!!

Philly got its record snowfall ever this year...I haven't seen it snow more than 3 inches in our 3 winters here. We were ill-prepared for a cumulative snowfall of 6 feet so far this year!

We have LOVED the snow! The city shuts down, and we have relished having Brandon snowed in with us. We've been snowed in a total of 5 days this winter. Let it snow!!!

While the storm raged outside...
Ketty and Tanny got a front row view...

We had a hard time finding our car...
Meanwhile...

Watching our neighbor's dog play in the snow...
Brandon decided to make a snow fort for the boys to play in...
Brandon was determined to get the Subaru out without shoveling. I was doubtful, however...
The 4 wheel drive pulled through! Brandon victoriously placed our chair to save the parking spot. (The mayor said saving spots should be respected!)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Apparently you guys have stolen all of our snow this winter. We've had hardly anything...it's been so strange. I keep hoping for at least one more storm so that we can take Lexie out to play in it, but instead we've had spring like temperatures already. So now I'm not sure I want more snow...the spring weather is kinda nice!

Tonee said...

I cannot believe my eyes! That looks unlike ANYTHING I have ever seen and I have lived in the "greatest snow on earth" my whole life! I am slighly jealous about the 5 snow days! Utah is too efficient (he he) at removing the snow, I think we get one snow day about every 20 years!

Freebairn Family said...

That is insane! I feel like it's been such a mild winter (although I suppose I'm a little confused since I've spent more than a month of it in 80 degree weather here in California). Enjoy being snowed in - I think that sounds great (unless you need diapers, of course)!