1.07.2010

Our new favorite place!

We went to the Please Touch Museum several times over the Christmas break, and, wow! It is amazing! Certainly a Philly treasure that's almost worth staying here for. Tanzen and Makett were enthralled with everything and eagerly took off in different directions. We need to get a membership.
The teacher in me was giddily excited over this place! Among some of it's fabulous features... the Wonderland from Alice in Wonderland, a fairy tale land for toddlers, water works, a children's hospital, shoe store, grocery store, construction zone, bus, park, mechanic shop, McDonalds, gas station, flight room, art room, puppet shows...it's awesome! The areas have costumes the kids can put on and realia they can manipulate. Tanzen and Makett will love it even more in 2 or 3 years.
Michael came with us. He's on the giant piano from the movie Big.

Michael vending Tanny some street fare...

Tanny would have happily pushed Ketty all day...and Ketty would have happily let him!
We were lucky to have our dear friend Katie come. We had a hard time getting Makett out of the Post Office truck, he's rather attached to it!
A piano that's just the right size!

Makett was a little hesitant about the carosel, Tanzen loved it!

Tanzen getting some driving lessons in the child-proof Scion

Ketty whipping up some dinner, while Tanzen threw all the plates on the floor
Brandon giving some pointers on how to milk a cow (he's an expert-- you didn't know?)

5 comments:

Tonee said...

Wow, that place looks awesome. I haven't been to Utah's "children museum," FOREVER, but I don't think it's near as cool as this. I am so jealous - what a fabulous find!

Stephanie said...

Wow! It looks like so much fun, and a place that my boys would LOVE.

Tanji, Jimmy Jay and Baby Taislyn! said...

Soo dang cute! I would love to see that! We're hoping to visit in the fall...I think Jimmy texted you about it, but it's not a definite. Need to see the health of this little girl, especially with this new little bump in the road. I guess I couldn't expect my pregnancy to go THAT well! Something had to happen, right? So hopefully, if things go right we'll be able to visit, with Taislyn only, and I'd love to see that place! (Even though Jay is the one who would love it!)

The Katich Family said...

ahhh Happy, Healthy, baby days. They are too cute.

megwild said...

Looks like so much fun. Your boys are growing up so fast...I can hardly juggle one 16 month old - how on earth do you do two? I could use pointers. Happy new year.