9.19.2009

Havasupai Nation!




















Havasupai is located deep in the southern end of the Grand Canyon. This is one of the most beautiful places I have ever hiked! to learn more check out their website : www.havasupaitribe.com

























There are lots of falls within the canyon. This is Mooney falls, it is a roaring thunderous fall that drops about 200 feet. Access is only possible by climbing down a narrow ledge




This is Cameron, Riley and me in the village, also known as Supai, has been home to the Havasupai Indians for many centuries. The village has a small café, lodge, post office, school, church (actually a mormon church), clinic (I thought it might be fun to volunteer there for a month or so. I would have to make sure I was up to date with Diabetes care. I dont think they could helicopter in a radiation machine), police station, and a general store.









This was day one, the early morning hike into the Grand Canyon.

2 comments:

Widdisons said...

I'm jealous! I've wanted to hike that for a while. I've heard it's pretty awesome.

Tonee said...

I too am sooo jealous! It looks heavenly!