9.21.2008

35 1/2 weeks pregnant...and going on forever!!

Somewhat to my chagrin, I'm still pregnant! I realize I'm supposed to be appreciating this time before the babies come, however, I find that hard to do while lugging the belly and fluid-bloated limbs around. I have no idea what I'll do with them once they come, but I'm ready to find out!

For those who've asked, here's the update:

-At my 34 week appointment I was 100% effaced, and the doctor could feel Tanzen's head
(such a crazy thought)! I was elated when he told me to make my appointment for the following week, but that he would probably see me in the hospital before then.
-Now, at 35 1/2 weeks...I'm still pregnant. I keep reminding myself that it's a good thing, especially since I don't want the boys to have to be in NICU. 37 weeks is considered term for twins and the goal was to make it to 35, which I've done, so bring it on!!
-At 38 weeks (Oct 9th) they'll induce me, although we're hoping the boys will make their debut unassisted!
-While Tanzen is in a perfect head down position, Makett is still breech. The docs, of course, are encouraging c-section, but I'm really hoping for a vaginal birth. The plan is to deliver Tanzen, then have them try to turn Makett head down--it's not uncommon for the 2nd twin to flip once he has extra room, so it's possible! Now, this does leave the possibility that they would still have to do a c-section for Makett, so I may experience both types of births...but I think it's a gamble I'm willing to make. I am finally giving in to doing an epidurral because if they have to do an emergency ceserean they'll be able to without completely putting me under. I've pretty much come to terms that my natural Bradley birth will have to take place at a birthing center with the next baby (which is one more reason why I don't want a c-section).
Somewhere in the last week my lung capacity greatly diminished and it's hard to sit down since my huge belly rests on my legs and smashes the poor little guys. I'm grateful that I've been able to stay relatively active, even if my hands and feet look like loaves of bread. The water retention in my face is especially lovely. Anyway, I'm hoping they come this week, I think it's time!

19 comments:

Amanda K said...

:) I remember feeling this way, but with only one baby! I can only imagine how you feel... Wishing you the best!

Katie said...

That last little bit is the worst! At least you know you get to cut a few weeks off for sure! The funny thing is you get to the point where you are so desperate to not be pregnant anymore...but then, if you're anything like me, when the babies are actually coming you'll get a little freaked out wishing they could stay in longer because you've no clue what to do with them once they're here. :) But you figure it out as you go and it's wonderful! I'll cross my fingers for you this week!!

Chelsea said...

chaci you look so cute I love the belly thanks for the picture I loved to see it! hang in there I understand the last weeks are the pits but I only had one man but they are so much easier now trust me! but I am so excited for you both, I can't wait to see them! I'm mailing your present tomorrow so, you will probably be in the hospitable when they get there but it is the thought that counts right? good luck and I know you'll do great!

zrc said...

Chaci! You are amazing and beuatiful! congratulations! These boys are going to be an incredible addition to your family and our world! Can't wait to hear all about them! Zoe Coleman

Marie said...

Best of luck! You were so skinny to begin with that even twins can't make you look huge. I know you feel different from the way you look. I'm really excited for you, and I wish you the greatest joy!

Megan said...

I'm jealous that you'll be done being pregnant very soon and I've still got a good month to go even though my due date is only three days after yours! My back is killing me! I guess I can't complain where I'm only carrying one and can still breath when I sit down. You look so stinkin' cute with that huge belly though.

Eric & Whitney Culbertson said...

Chaci, I'm so excited for you both. The last few weeks of pregnancy are miserable!!! I hope they come soon.

C C & R said...

Chaci you look great! I totally hear you on the water weight thing. My face is huge (and I'm only carrying one)! I'm so excited for you!

Freebairn Family said...

How fun! I know you just described how uncomfortable you are, but pregnancy is just so amazing! Enjoy the epidural - it was the best I'd felt in months and I think it's a blessing! YOu'll do great!

TIFFANY MARTIN said...

I was effaced and dilated to a 4 and still they wouldn't induce me! But then a big storm came and I guess that causes labor, so surprise, there she was! I will be praying for rain in Philly! Good luck! Love ya!

Miller Fam said...

Chac... it's almost time! HOORAY!!!! I know I'm crazy, but labor was seriously my favorite part of pregnancy - granted I had an epidural. :) It's so fun to finally meet, face to face, the little one(s) that has been growing inside you. I am SO excited for you both. Best of luck in the next few weeks! Love, Em

Ann said...

Just think, Chaci, you'll be able to lose 20+ lbs in just a couple of pushes in the next few days. Birthing babies is the ultimate weight loss program! Have fun breathing!

Megan said...

Chaci, hi I'm Dan Hinckley's wife Megan. Congrats on making it to 35 1/2 weeks. That's exactly how far I was when I gave birth to our twins. Dan told me about your blog--hope you don't mind me dropping by. Twins are so fun. Crazy but fun.

Amber said...

You pooor thing. I can only have compassion for your current dilema. I am with you...lets get the show on the road. Those boys are plenty big and in my opinion ready for planet earth. Stay strong you can do it, opt for the epidural...you will be glad you did later. You are a cute pregnant gal no matter how you think you look. It will be over soon and then you can enjoy those cute little boys. I can't wait to see you and them in October. Keep me updated. Love ya,
amber

Camille said...

That picture of you looks like me when I was pregnant, but with only one baby!!! How embarrasing. Of course, she was 9lbs. 6oz. so I guess it's fairly reasonable, right? Good luck, lady! I wish you all the best! Are you dialated at all? I'm just in shock that nothing has happened yet!

Jody said...

Thanks for all the info. I'm hoping you've had the babies by now and will be so busy that you don't check your blog for at least a few days! I'm leaving a message anyway, though.

You look great! I totally know about the misery of looking at swollen limbs and sympathize. I can't believe it's already time for your little ones to arrive. I hope all goes well with you, and that your delivery can be as close to what you wish it could be.

P.S. I got my epidural after dilating past an 8, and it was WONDERFUL! Don't even hesitate getting it, especially since you have special circumstances.

Erickson said...

I love this picture. Thanks for sharing.

Emily said...

Such a fun time, but I know kind of how you feel. I had to have an emergency c-section with my first and was able to do it vaginal with the second. It was great! I did hypnobirthing which I heard is similar to the Bradley method. Everything will work out great! My blog is private so send me your email on facebook and I can add you.
-Emily Rees Pierce

Megan said...

Oh Chaci dear! I'm going to pray for you to have your babies TOMORROW! You're so cute and I can't wait to see your adorable little babies! I really love reading your blog BTW. It's fun to see all the pics of Philly and all the fun things you guys do. Good luck!!