7.28.2008

Pretend I posted these pics 6 weeks ago!

We met my family in Cancun the 2nd week of June, it was wonderful! There were a few setbacks getting started...We were supposed to leave on Sunday, and on Saturday, as I was packing and Brandon was starting his 30 hour shift at the hospital, I saw that Brandon's passport was expired! The hysteria mounted as I called 24 hour passport places, and found that since the Department of State is closed on weekends, there was no possible way Brandon could get a new passport in time...and of course, nine months ago they changed the law so you must have a passport to go to Mexico.

Lucky for us, there are only 13 Department of State buildings in the US, and one of them is 7 miles from our house! Tosh was so sweet to spend five hours helping me find a new plane ticket for Brandon. I felt terrible flying away on Sunday, leaving Brandon home. We were so happy when he flew out on Tuesday to join us! It ended up only taking him 2 hours to get his passport--he had it by noon on Monday, but since I didn't know how long it would take, I didn't rebook his flight till Tuesday afternoon...but we try not to think about that!

Chitzen Itza...

Xel-Ha

Xel-Ha was great, we went snorkeling, the boys jumped off cliffs and went on rope swings. I personally enjoyed the natural lazy river and walking through the jungle. I'll be honest, the all-you-can-eat food and napping in a hammock under the palm trees was a plus too!
Brandon jumping off a cliff...


Talum

Tosh (23), Me, Brandon, My Dad, Kenzi (21), Chaz (18), My Mom, Kao (10)

My favorite activity of the whole trip...bobbing in the ocean!

The boys...and an insanely gorgeous view!
a Cenote

(Underground water hole)


Our last family picture before Chaz goes on his mission!
Brandon helping Kao with his first drumming session

7 comments:

Katie said...

So fun to get in a vacation before the babies come! We did that and went to Hawaii when I was 6 months pregnant..I was hot and swollen and tired...but it was worth it because once you're a mom life is never again the same!! :) When does Chaz go on his mission? I can't believe how old your siblings are. It's a given, because mine are old too...but I don't think about yours growing up at the same time as mine! Crazy how time flies!

Jody said...

Looks like your trip was a BLAST! We went to Cancun for our honeymoon, and I loved it. Hopefully we'll get back there someday. I'm glad the passport situation worked out.

Ella said...

You have such a gorgeous family Chaci! Enjoy it while you can because before you know it, you are gonna have 2 little bundles of joy to smother with love! I'm sure those two will be hiking and on new adventures in no time!

Jared Heather and Taegen Pete Johnstun said...

What a cute family!!

The Taylors said...

When did everyone get so big?! I haven't seen most of your family since Chaz and Kenzi were both still in Elementary school! Geeze, I feel old! Tell everyone hello from me!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chaci and Brandon,
I loved reading about you both and your adventures.You two are so lucky to have each other and such great families!Thank you for your kind comments about Kristin.I still pinch myself thinking this could not possibly be real,but....Twins,now that is definitely something to be excited about and it sounds like you are doing great.Take care of yourself and before you know it those babies will be here. Leslie

Tanji, Jimmy Jay and Baby Taislyn! said...

oh....those bring back memories! I have some pictures taken in those exact same spots with my last vacation with Grandma. At Chitzen Itza, in the underground water hole (I LOVED it there...nice and cool and BEAUTIFUL! Oh how clear the water is, huh? Wow...that really did bring back fun memories with Grandma. I remember going to this old Cathedral and Grandma wanted to take pictures and I said, "Uh Mom, I don't think we're supposed to" she just smiled and said, "Oh Tanji, we'll just hurry then!" As though taking the pictures quicker would make it all better. haha...thank goodness for memories!