8.12.2008

A Fabulous Week with my Boys!

My brothers Chaz and Kao came and stayed with us for a wonderful week! Chazzy will be going on his mission on October 29th to Lubbock, Texas. He's excited, and we're excited for him, although I'm so sad to see him go! I actually did a lot more than I thought I'd be able to...my body often doesn't agree with the tasks I set before it, so I think I was really blessed to be able to take them to the places I wanted them to see!

Valley Forge...

Chaz handling a musket...it's heavier than it looks!


Another Liberty Bell pic to add to my collection!

Sampling classic Philly foods...water ice and soft pretzels... the first of many! (if you don't know what water ice is, it's kinda hard to explain, but they sell it EVERYWHERE here, and it's mainly a Philly treat, it's harder to find in Jersey or New York. It's a cold, slushy, fruity treat that we love. It's also called Italian Ice)


...and of course, Philly Cheese Steaks!


On Saturday Brandon went with us to Gettysburg. We drove through Amish country and had a breakfast smorgasbord. I thought this bridge over the Susquehanna river was beautiful!


Gettysburg National Cemetery...

Gettysburg was huge! It was sobering being there, realizing that over 51,000 Americans died on these battlefields.


Kao and Ben Franklin at the National Constitution Center, it really makes you appreciate our constitution!

Exploring Center City...And of course, the Philadelphia Museum of Art. It's distinction of being the 3rd largest art museum in the nation is usually overshadowed by the famous Rocky steps. I really had no idea so many people loved Rocky!

Once again, we were caught in a downpour! At least this time we had umbrellas, although they only helped a bit. Valiant Brandon dashed to get the car, he was really soaked by the time he got us! Chazzy and Brandon looked so funny huddled under their broken umbrella.


They were also great to help! Chaz helped me organize and recycle lots of my teaching stuff. It's so hard for me to get rid of all the files and books that I spent six years creating and using (sob!) I'm going to miss teaching so much! I went from 16 boxes down to 8...and it felt so great watching him toss 5 boxes into the recycling bin!

Kao did his part by scrubbing and sanitizing all the used baby stuff I've gotten...thank heavens for Craigslist, yard sales, and kind friends!

8 comments:

Katie said...

In the coming months and years you will probably miss teaching more than you even realize. I had no clue I'd miss it as much as I do. But it is definitely worth it to be at home being a full-time mom. That is probably the hardest, but best job out there!! You will love it!

bryony said...

So glad you were feeling well enough to do all that. Wish we could be there to see all those sights with you!

Jody said...

What nice brothers to help out! I'm impressed! It looks like you had a great visit. I'm glad you were able to go everywhere you wanted.

Not much longer now! I'm so excited for you. Since you mostly likely won't feel like posting right after the babies come, will you please beg Brandon to post for all of us dying to see pictures and hear how you are?

the Andershall Family said...

It's great to get my Rymer family updates via your blog. You look great. I dropped Ann of at the airport today, off on another unknown adventure! Love you!
-Georgia

Brooke said...

Philladelphia looks like such a neat place to see. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Miquelin and Jeremy Smith said...

Hey woman!
Chaz is going to Lubbock :) We just moved from there. I will have to let my friends know to take good care of Elder Rymer!!!! I've called your family to get your number, but haven't caught them home...I lost it when I hotwashed my phone...don't ask. If you have a chance, email me your number I would love to say hi! miquelin.smith@gmail.com

Tanji, Jimmy Jay and Baby Taislyn! said...

oh, that looked like such a great trip for them. There is soo much history around you, it's amazing! And by the way, you'll love that bumbo seat...or whatever it's called. I have a different brand that Danai gave me, but I love it! Once Jay was around 4 months old, he loved it too. My neighbor is borrowing right now for her little girl, but it comes in very handy! How are you feeling? Email or call me sometime...I have Jimmys laptop right next to me in bed and of course my phone is always next to me, I'm definitely not doing much. I'd love to hear how my niece is doing and what the dr's are saying how it is all looking

Erin said...

Hey, Chaci. Sorry I missed you this summer. My mom told me you sent an email, but unfortunately we are leaving tomorrow morning at 7:00 am. But I'll see your blog to see how you and your twins are comin' along. I hope the last couple months go well.